Compare Tree Removal Quotes Now
Save Up To 43% - FREE SERVICE
Enter the location of your tree job
Tell Us About
Your Tree Job
Up to 4 Tree Loppers Compete
For Your Business
The Best One
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY:
Tree Removal Penrith Council Regulations
Updated: 14 April 2020
Can I remove a tree in Penrith Council without a council permit?
Yes, but under certain conditions
Under what conditions?
Tree can be removed without council approval if;
You do not require Council permission to remove trees on your property where
- The trunk is located within 2m of an external enclosing wall of an approved dwelling or building
- Remove or prune any classified noxious weed
- Remove or prune any exempt species (see below)
- Remove fruit and dead leaves (fronds) from palm trees
- Prune to maintain power line clearances – a 500mm clearance from domestic
- Power lines or as specified by the electricity supplier.
- Prune branches up to 50mm diameter
- Prune to remove deadwood and mistletoe
Business and Industrial areas:
- Any tree or other vegetation having a height of three (3) metres or more or a trunk circumference exceeding 300mm at 400mm above ground level;
- Any indigenous vegetation comprising more that five (5) trees with understorey.
- Any tree or other vegetation, within 20m of a dwelling house, having a height of three (3) metres or more or a trunk circumference exceeding 300mm at 400mm above ground level;
- Any indigenous tree or vegetation, not within 20m of a dwelling house, comprising more than five (5) trees with understorey.
- Any introduced vegetation, not within 20m of a dwelling house, having a height of three (3) metres or more or a trunk circumference exceeding 300mm at 400mm above ground level.
Does my council have an exempt tree list?
Yes, see table below
Norfolk Island Hibiscus
Tree of Heaven
Tree work fees
Here are details on different fees related to tree permits and work.
- Tree Removal application fee – $85 per tree
- Vegetation removal application fee – $85 per vegetation
- Tree removal assessment fee (Rural areas) – $20 per tree for up to 5 without understorey vegetation
- Tree removal assessment fee (non-removal) – $20 per tree
- Vegetation clearing assessment fee (Rural areas) – $332 for trees exceeding 5
- Request to review determination fee (vegetation clearing application) – $350
- Request to review determination fee (Tree removal application) – $175
For anyone who is planning to remove or clear vegetation in any rural area of more than 5 trees, either with or without shrubs, as well as other native non-tree vegetation.
In case the you are working on native vegetation and the clearing is exceeding 10m2
Then a permit is required.
Follow the link below for more details.
In case you are clearing the vegetation to facilitate development you can use the Development Application.
What about trees on public land?
Trees growing on public land and streets are owned by the council.
The council manages trees on public land. You are required to contact the council in case you have any questions or recommendations on council trees.
Popular Searches Arborist Cost Guide Tree Removal Cost Guide Tree Pruning Cost Guide Palm Removal Cost Guide Stump Removal Cost Guide Tree Felling Cost Guide How to Save on Tree Removal Council Tree Regulations Company Selection Guide How Go Tree Quotes Works 10/30-50 Rule NSW Tree stump grinding cost Tree services near me Arborist near me Tree removalist
How to apply for a tree removal permit
Go to the above online form and fill it out to make a formal request for tree removal approval.
Penrith Council contact details
Mailing Address: PO Box 60 Penrith NSW 2751
Penrith Tree Preservation order - TPO
The above is a summary for your local Councils tree preservation order. Please follow the link for the full document.
There are a few ways to go about it. You should always go for qualified arborist with plenty of experience. Make sure they have more than 20 reviews online and have a minimum score of 4.5 stars or great.
We can match you with a top voted arborist service in Sydney here. Just enter your postcode and a few details about your tree job and get 3 obligation free quotes from local top voted contractors.
The cost to remove a tree will depend on a few different factors. Things like the size of the tree, number of branches, the species and location on your property will all play a role.
The average cost of tree removal is $871. But the real range is $225 – $4,500. Make sure you get at least 3 quotes before deciding on one company.
Tree removal and pruning is difficult to quote just by a description over the phone. Same goes for sending pics of the tree. This is because it is hard to gauge the actual size of a tree from images as well as look at access for machinery. An on-site inspection is needed to make sure you are given a fair price.
You may prune any branches that are hanging over your yard from your neighbour’s side, just as long as you are working within the cities Tree Preservation Order.
You may remove your neighbour’s branches, but if it violates council tree pruning laws, you will get a fine. You are best speaking to a local arborist first before proceeding.
Tree trimming will vary depending on the tree, number of branches and access. The average price of tree trimming is $429, but that the true price range is $75 – $1,800.
You can check out our Tree Trimming Cost Guide here to get a better idea of tree trimming cost by tree size. Or you can use this Free Service and compare local top rated tree service actual quotes.
Author: Ben McInerney is a qualified arborist with over 15 years industry experience. He uses his in-depth knowledge of the tree service industry to give readers to most accurate information on tree service costs and helps to educate about the benefits of using a certified arborist for tree trimming and removal work.
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY:
Cost Calculator for tree lopping