Enter the location of your tree job
Tell Us About
Your Tree Job
Up to 4 Tree Loppers Compete
For Your Business
The Best One
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY:
Tree Removal Holroyd Council Regulations
Updated: 1 April 2020
Can I remove a tree in Holroyd without a permit?
Yes, it is possible to remove a tree in Holroyd without a council permit, but only under certain conditions.
Under what conditions?
A tree may be removed without council permission if the tree;
- Any trees (including palms) whether indigenous, endemic or exotic which have a height of 3.5 metres or less; or a canopy spread of four (4) metres or less; or a trunk diameter of 400mm or greater, measured at 1.5 metres from the base of the tree.
- The tree is listed as an environmental or noxious weed in the Auburn LGA, as per Table 1;
- The tree is a fruit tree or tree grown for the purposes of fruit or is harbouring fruit fly, except Australian trees i.e. Lilly Pilly and Blueberry Ash.
There are trees that can be removed no matter what their size or condition as they are considered a pest by your local council. The above-listed conditions do not apply.
See table below
Does my council have an exempt tree list?
Yes, see the table below
Note: The Camphor Laural (Cinnamomum Camphora) has a height restriction of 10m. This means any specimen that is greater than 10m in height is automatically protected and not be removed.
Things to check when applying for a tree removal permit
If you want to get a permit to remove a tree, there are certain things you have to check. These are things that will determine the chances of you getting the permit. Remember that in some cases the council can deny you a permit.
- Your tree species. Remember that some tree species have tough restrictions and are protected.
- Make sure that you measure the height, circumference of your tree’s trunk and distance of the tree form any structure of the home. These are some details you may have to provide during the application.
- Examine the tree to identify any signs that may show it is declining in health. That may include dead branches around the canopy.
- Make sure that you review the Tree Preservation Order in your area. This will make work easier for you since you can know which trees are in the order.
- Ensure that your application form is fully filled. No information should be missing as it will lead to rejection.
Arborist Cost Guide Tree Removal Cost Guide Tree Pruning Cost Guide Palm Removal Cost Guide Stump Removal Cost Guide Tree Felling Cost Guide How to Save on Tree Removal Council Tree Regulations Company Selection Guide How Go Tree Quotes Works 10/30-50 Rule NSW Tree stump grinding cost Tree services near me Arborist near me Tree removalist
How to apply for a tree removal permit
Go to the above online form and fill it out to make a formal request for tree removal approval.
Holroyd City Council contact details
Mailing Address: PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160
Holroyd City Tree Preservation order - TPO
The above is a summary of your local Councils tree preservation order. Please follow the link for the full document.
There are a few ways to go about it. You should always go for a qualified arborist with plenty of experience. Make sure they have more than 20 reviews online and have a minimum score of 4.5 stars or great.
We can match you with a top-voted tree removal service in Melbourne here. Just enter your postcode and a few details about your tree job and get 3 obligation-free quotes from the local top voted contractors.
The cost to remove a tree will depend on a few different factors. Things like the size of the tree, number of branches, the species and location on your property will all play a role.
The average cost of tree removal is $871. But the real range is $225 – $4,500. Make sure you get at least 3 quotes before deciding on one company.
Tree removal and pruning is difficult to quote just by a description over the phone. Same goes for sending pics of the tree. This is because it is hard to gauge the actual size of a tree from images as well as look at access for machinery. An on-site inspection is needed to make sure you are given a fair price.
You may prune any branches that are hanging over your yard from your neighbour’s side, just as long as you are working within the cities Tree Preservation Order.
You may remove your neighbour’s branches, but if it violates council tree pruning laws, you will get a fine. You are best speaking to a local arborist first before proceeding.
Tree trimming will vary depending on the tree, number of branches and access. The average price of tree trimming is $429, but that the true price range is $75 – $1,800.
You can check out our Tree Trimming Cost Guide here to get a better idea of tree trimming cost by tree size. Or you can use this Free Service and compare local top rated tree service actual quotes.
Author: Ben McInerney is a qualified arborist with over 15 years of industry experience. He uses his in-depth knowledge of the tree service industry to give readers to most accurate information on tree service costs and helps to educate about the benefits of using a certified arborist for tree trimming and removal work.
FEATURED AND TRUSTED BY:
Cost Calculator for tree lopping